points for health acupuncture & herbal medicine
Denise Edmiston, L.Ac., LCSW, MAcOM, MSSW
I have had the great fortune to live in many parts of the U.S. and travel extensively throughout the world. I bring these life opportunities and experiences, plus the training and knowledge that I have obtained from my academic endeavors, the compassion that I have developed from working with those in need, and a profound trust in my intuition, to my practice of traditional Oriental medicine.
My interest has always been in providing help and support to those in need. As a result, I entered college to study psychology and received a Bachelor of Arts in psychology from California Sate University, Northridge. I then continued my education to study social work and received a Master's in Science and Social Work (MSSW) and advanced clinical practitioner recognition (LCSW).
I spent many years working at Children's Medical Center in Dallas providing support and counseling to children with heart conditions and their families. I later became the Program Director of Gilda's Club North Texas where I was fortunate to have the opportunity to design and implement an educational and support program for those living with a cancer diagnosis, as well as for their families and friends. It was at that time that I was introduced to acupuncture and Chinese medicine and was able to observe the amazing affects that it has in restoring one's physical, emotional and spiritual health through its creation of balance. Currently my passions lie in treating women's health issues and creatively working with general nutrition.
I completed my studies in Traditional Oriental Medicine, earning a Master's degree from the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin. I am happy to be part of the healthcare community in Coppell and look forward to providing quality, patient-centered care in a professional, caring environment.
I have been a long-time resident of Coppell where my husband and I have raised our two sons. Outside the clinic, I love the outdoors and am a life-long long-distance runner. I practice yoga and enjoy cooking and gardening, as well as spending time with family and friends.
Click here to obtain additional information about the required training of acupuncturists licensed to practice acupuncture in Texas.
credentials and training
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners License #AC01118
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAcOM) from Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin. Training included 1,008 hour of supervised clinical internship, 888 hours of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Theories and Techniques, 636 hours of Chinese Herbal medicine, 590 hour of Biomedical Science and 96 hours of practice management, communications and ethics.
- Diplomate in Oriental Medicine from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners Licensed Clinical Social Worker License #30348
- Master of Science and Social Work (MSSW), University of Texas Arlington
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, California State University Northridge
Check out our new articles page!
Looking for a gift idea that is unique? Why not give the gift of health to your family, friends and co-workers by offering them a gift certificate for an acupuncture treatment. We are now also offering gift certificates for Mei Zen Facial Cosmetic Acupuncture. Contact the office today at 972-506-8113.