about cosmetic acupuncture
If you want to look your best, revitalized and full of life, then Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System™ Protocols are for you! Your appearance is a reflection of your internal health. Let your beauty shine from the inside out.
Cosmetic acupuncture is often referred to as an “acupuncture facelift” or “facial rejuvenation acupuncture”. It is a non-surgical procedure that involves the insertion of tiny needles into the skin in order to stimulate the body to produce more collagen and elastin, which can mean fewer wrinkles and more vibrant-looking skin.
The Mei Zen, meaning “beautiful person“, Cosmetic Acupuncture™ System is a natural, holistic and comprehensive program designed to rejuvenate your face, creating a more youthful appearance while addressing your overall health to bring balance to the entire body.
does it really work?
A 1996 report in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that among 300 cases treated with cosmetic acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment.
Some of the benefits you may experience include:
- More radiant, beautiful skin
- Disappearance of fine lines and smoothing of deep lines
- Improved muscle tone and firmer jaw line
- Reduced puffiness
- Reduced acne and rosacea
- Softer skin and more even complexion
- Reduce stress and tension held in the face and jaw
the mei zen cosmetic acupuncture™ protocol
Treatment consists of a course of two sessions per week for five weeks during which you will receive acupuncture (face and body), facial massage and hydration treatments, lifestyle counseling and skin care recommendations. The effects become most noticeable on or about the seventh session. Following the initial treatment series, regular maintenance sessions are recommended to prolong the results.
To give you the best chance of getting the results you want, nutritional counseling is provided in conjunction with your cosmetic acupuncture treatments. Individualized nutritional and/or herbal supplementation will be recommended if necessary. Results are seen much more quickly and last much longer when the body has the nutrients it needs to heal and thrive!
As the body comes into balance, you may experience other health benefits such as:
- Better digestion and metabolism
- Improved sleep cycles
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Fewer hot flashes and night sweats
- Increased energy and sense of well-being
- Reduced allergy and sinus problems
- Whole body relaxation
are you a good candidate for cosmetic acupuncture?
Anyone - male or female - who wishes to slow signs of aging, but prefers not to undergo surgery or to inject chemicals, is a good candidate for cosmetic acupuncture. Treatment can be started at any age, with benefits seen for those as young as their late twenties who are noticing the first signs of aging. Older patients who would like to look great for their age can also benefit from the procedure.
If you have had Botox, cosmetic acupuncture can help maintain its effectiveness, potentially saving a couple of injections per year.
Your initial consultation is free! Please call 972-506-8113 for more information.
what are contraindications?
Cosmetic acupuncture is contraindicated for individuals with the following conditions:
- migraine headaches
- uncontrolled hypertension
- blood thinner medications
- smokers who do not wish to quit
- epilepsy or seizures
If you have any of these conditions, we can work with you to resolve these issues, and then start the Mei Zen™ procedure.
cosmetic acupuncture in the news
Up until recently, cosmetic acupuncture has remained one of the best-kept secrets of Hollywood's rich and famous. This has recently changed with celebrities such as Madonna, Prince William, Cher, Angelina Jolie, Claudia Schiffer and Gwenith Paltrow talking about the effectiveness of cosmetic acupuncture. Here are a few articles that deal with the growing popularity of cosmetic acupuncture.
- Adventures in Beauty: O's Beauty Editors Take the Plunge: Patients have reported healthy side effects, such as improved digestion, better-quality sleep, increased energy, and a sense of overall well-being. Hey, doc, sign me up!
- NYT: Many Paths but One Goal: Just as varieties of yoga exist, so do styles of facial acupuncture, each with a different emphasis.
- NYT: Hold the Chemicals, Bring on the Needles: Cosmetic Acupuncture's holistic approach appeals to women who want to slow signs of aging, but don't want to undergo surgery or to inject chemicals.
- Telegraph: A few pointers for a new face: Facial acupuncture is the Hollywood star's shortcut to younger looking skin.
- WebMD: Acupuncture: The New Facelift?: If you're thinking of getting a little work done on your face, a younger-looking face may lie at the end of some needles - acupunctures needles, that is.
- USA Today: Acupuncture gets a face-lift: In their never-ending quest to combat sags, bags and lines, age-conscious Americans are turning their bodies into pincushions.
- Aesthetic Medicine News: Forget Botox, Try Cosmetic Acupuncture: A woman who was dissatisfied with Botox has been doing Cosmetic Acupuncture for five years.